Chris and Jeff make lobster filler xiaolongbao or soup dumplings!
- 1/2 pound cooked Lobster meat, chopped
- 1 cup lobster broth
- 1 teaspoon agar agar or 1 packet (1/4 ounce) of powdered gelatin
- 1 teaspoon shao xing wine
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- dumpling wrappers
- Add agar agar to broth and bring to a boil, then cool to form gelatin OR add gelatin to 1/2 cup of hot water, stir to dissolve, and then add enough ice cubes to get 1 cup of total liquid. Stir to melt the cubes, then cool in the fridge to form the gelatin.
- Add shao xing wine and white pepper to lobster meat and mix.
- Chop or break up the gelatin and mix into the lobster meat mix.
- Wrap dumplings. Make sure to seal them well so the broth, once melted, doesn’t leak out!
- Steam dumplings in Chinese soup spoons brushed with sesame oil to prevent sticking or on top of cabbage or carrot coins to prevent sticking. Serve hot!