- This class has passed.
Chinese Dumplings 101 Class [Jan 29]
January 29, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm EST$39.00 – $69.00
In this hands-on class, we will make 3 kinds of dumpling dough. Hot water dough, cold water dough, and combo dough. These will be used to make 3 basic types of dumplings: steamed, boiled, and steam-fried. We’ll make a basic pork filling, and then learn to fold dumplings in multiple ways. We’ll also make some dipping sauces, and talk about different ways people like to eat their dumplings!
- Length: 3 hours
- Required Equipment:
- Steamed Dumplings—a steamer basket or some capacity to steam dumplings. This could be a large covered pot with a metal trivet to hold a dish inside the pot, and above an inch of water. If you have a wok with a lid, bamboo chopsticks can be used to suspend a plate over boiling water as well.
- Steam-Fried Dumplings—preferably a non-stick or cast-iron skillet plus a cover that provides a pretty good seal to the pan.
- Special Ingredients*:
- Chinese shaoxing cooking wine
- Toasted sesame oil
- Fresh ginger
- Chinese Zhenjiang vinegar
* Please see the recipes used in this class. Your kitchen may consider many of these items staples while for others, many of these items may be new. You may, but are not expected, to make all of the dipping sauces/oils that include the less common ingredients.
All Knead and Nosh class registrants are expected to have read the Knead and Nosh Community Standards. Failure to follow the community standards may result in your removal from the class, and loss of your registration fee.