Chris and Jeff make big giant bao using Thanksgiving leftovers.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Bao
- Make your Bao dough using this recipe (https://kneadandnosh.com/recipe/2021/03/bao-dough/):
- If you add some sweet potato to the dough, add more flour as the moisture from the sweet potato will make the dough wetter! About 30g more flour for 1/3 to 1/2 cup of sweet potato.
- Assemble your bao. We made big bao, so we divided the dough into 5 large portions, but you can make smaller ones. This dough recipe makes 10-12 regular sized bao.
- Allow the bao to rest, covered for about 45 minutes to rise.
- Place onto your steamer with the water at a boil already. Steam for 8-10 minutes for regular sized bao. For our giant bao, it took 15 minutes to get them fully cooked!