A simple and whimsical snow skin mooncake filling made from cream cheese and Oreo cookies.
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
~12 Oreo cookies | 4.7 oz | 133g
13 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature | 6.4 oz | 182g
2 teaspoons powdered sugar | 0.5 oz | 8g
- Alternatively, you can use a stand mixer with the flat beater attachment. You can also skip step 2 (above) and instead add the unbroken cookies to the stand mixer once the cream cheese and sugar are mixed. The mixer will break up the cookies. Mix a low speed, and stop the mixer when the cookies are brown into small pieces.
- Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl. Mix together with a spoon or silicone spatula until the sugar is fully incorporated. (See note below)
- Break up the cookies into smaller pieces. You can do this with your hands, or add them to a plastic bag, and use a rolling pin to gently break the cookies into smaller pieces.
- Add the cookie pieces to the cream cheese mixture, and mix the cookies into the cream cheese until fully incorporated.
- Form 12 equal sized balls of the filling, 25 grams each. Set aside.
- Assemble the mooncakes.