Chris and Jeff make a classic July 4 Downeast combination, Salmon, Peas & Potatoes!
BBQ Roasted Salmon
- 4 cloves Garlic, smashed and minced
- 4 “coins” Ginger, smashed and minced 2-3 tablespoons
- 2-3 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1-1.5lb salmon fillet, pin bones removed
- Preheat a cast iron platter or pan in a bbq grill (cover on). Plan the platter away from the heat (ie on a shelf or indirect heat)
- Score the salmon about half way through. Cross hatch your score lines creating a diagonal did with 1″ squares
- Fill the score lines with the smash garlic and ginger, then top the salmon with the hoisin sauce.
- Place the fillet onto the platter, cover your bbq grill and allow to cook for about 10 minutes (no peeking!)
Stir Fried Peas & Potatoes
- 1 large russet potato, julienned
- 1 large sweet potato, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar Snap Peas
- 1-2 teaspoons Sichuan Peppercorn oil
- oil or fat for stir frying
- Stir fry the ingredients. Start with what takes the longest to cook — the potato, then add the carrot after a minute or so, then the sweet potato after another minute. Finally add the peas.
- Drizzle 1-2 tsp of Sichuan peppercorn oil over the vegetables and serve!