Chris and Jeff smoke some mussels, then make some dumplings!
Smoked Mussel Dumplings
- Smoking ingredients
- 1 pound fresh mussels, cleaned and debearded
- Line a wok with foil, then add the smoking ingredients
- Place a rack over the smoking ingredients, cover the wok, and place over the heat (outside!!)
- When the smoking ingredients are bubbling and smoking, add the mussels to the rack, and cover. Allow to smoke for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add a half cup of water and immediately cover again to allow the mussels to steam to finish the cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Dumpling Filling
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic
- 1 scallion
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound smoked mussels
- dumpling wrappers (1/2 of this recipe for dumplings – choose hot, cold, or combo dough depending on your preference — cold water dough is the most flexible in its use)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor to form a paste.
- Fill dumplings and cook! Steam for about 8 minutes or boil for 6 minutes, or steam/fry them into pot stickers!