Chris and Jeff make Siu Mai (Shu Mai) dumplings.
Sui Mai (Shu Mai) Dumplings
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 lb ground pork
- 1/4 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Store bought circular wrappers
- In a food processor, mince ginger and scallion
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, white pepper, sugar, and pork to the food processor. Pulse the food processor to form a paste.
- Add shrimp to the food processor and pulse to incorporate the shrimp.
- Fill wrappers. Pack in as much filling as you can. Pat them against the counter to form a flat bottom so they can stand up.
- Steam for about 5-7 minutes (from room temp)