Chris and Jeff make a variation on a Downeast classic, the Amato’s Real Italian submarine sandwich — the Far East version!
Far East "Real Italian"
- Foot long sub rolls
- braised sauced beef brisket or charsiu pork, thinly sliced
- pickled cucumbers, sliced into thin long wedges
- yellow or white onion, course chopped
- plum tomatoes, sliced into
- green bell pepper, cut into strips
- kalamata olives
- sliced American cheese
- salt & pepper
- sesame oil and vegetable oil (50/50 mix)
- Slice the sub roll lengthwise from the top.
- Layer ingredients, cheese, then meat, then the veggies.
- A sprinkle of slat and pepper, then a drizzle of the oil mix.