A simple dipping sauce with a unique flavor and twang from the Chinese black vinegar, often labeled as chinkiang or zhenjiang vinegar.
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 part Chinese black vinegar
- 1 part light soy sauce
- Julienne fresh ginger to taste
- Minced scallion, green part only
- Add vinegar and ginger in a small bowl.
- Peel the ginger, and julienne finely. Raw ginger can impart a sharp taste that some people love, and some people find overpowering. Include as much ginger as you like. It’s easy to remove if you add too much since it won’t dissolve in the dipping sauce.
- Mince the green part of one scallion, and add.
- Some people like to add a touch of sweetness by adding a small amount of ginger or brown sugar.